Choosing the best gaming chair can be a burdensome duty. You start surfing the net and get flabbergasted with so many deals and offers, but fail to select the one that suits your needs. Many people think that gaming chairs are typically meant for the gamers. This is just a part of the truth. Gaming chairs can be used by anyone who wants a little bit of entertainment, enjoyment, relaxation and comfort while seated on the chair! There are chairs meant for different age groups and should be chosen accordingly.
If you take a look at the Playseat brand, you will understand how differently it is designed. Anyone who is above the age of eight can use the Playseat gaming chairs to feel the actual racing experience. In the same way there are other brands like X Rocker, DX Racer, etc. that has a good reputation in the gaming market.
Brands play an important role of trust and ensure you that the product you are buying will be worthy. This was just one of the factors while you choose the best gaming chairs. There are other major considerations that attract your interest.
Your Buying Guide to Buy a New Gaming Chair
1. Style makes a difference: So, what kind of style are you looking for? Do you want the gaming rockers, racing chairs or pedestal gaming chairs? You need to clear up your mind with this. After all it’s your derriere that will be glued on the seat! Which types of games you play the most and how often? You know that comfort becomes the main factor while choosing the perfect gaming chair.
- Pedestal gaming chairs: These gaming chairs are a bit higher off the ground and offer the swivel facility (if you like so!). Like most of the usual chairs, the pedestal gaming chairs helps you to elevate a little off the ground and lets you enjoy a straight view to the computer screen or the television.
- Rockers: The gaming rockers are L- shaped and are perfect for anyone who wants to lay back and play their favorite game. The seats of this chair lie totally on the floor and help you gently rock while you play your favorite game. These are very comfortable gaming chairs that offer great gaming experience. However, this gaming chair is not for the aged people who have problem in their knees. Kneeling down can create a lot of strain on them.
- Racing chairs: want to sit on the driver’s seat and experience the real racing with your competitors? If yes, then there is nothing that can surpass this gaming chair. These racing chairs are equipped with wheels and pedals to offer a real gaming experience by letting you steer wherever you want! Imagine you are seated in a sports car and you are about to accelerate and whoosh up in a second! Yes, this is exactly what you would feel with this gaming chair.
2. Did you take a look at the material? – Now, the gaming chairs are made up of varieties of materials like mesh, vinyl, cloth and polyurethane. It is totally up to you what you choose and what makes you more relaxed. However, if you take our suggestion then mesh is far better than other materials. It lets you keep cooler and breathe better.
3. Is it compatible with the device: Suppose you buy a great looking chair with awesome features, but later encounter that it is not compatible with your home device then what? Of course, we don’t want you to fall in the pit and this is the reason why you need to check whether the gaming chair you are about to buy is compatible with device or not. A good gaming chair is usually compatible with PC, Mac, home theaters, DVD, TV, Xbox, Xbox 360, Wii and PlayStation.
The gaming chairs usually have two speakers with subwoofer near the headrest area and some may have it beside the seats. There are also some chairs that have 4 speakers, vibration motors and subwoofers. It is usually compatible with all MP3 players and home theaters.
4. Want space saver chairs? If you are looking for gaming chairs that can save your space then go for the foldable feature. There are chairs available in the market which are foldable and can be easily lifted from one place to another.
5. Vibration system: If you actually want the real feeling of playing games then vibration motors will help you feel so. They enhance the body movements and offers ultimate enjoyment. It fully immerses you in the game and helps you forget all the worries and tensions in life.
6. A good padding system: You definitely want an aching back or arm while playing games. A good padding will offer extreme comfort and induce you to play for long hours without making you feel tired. So, remember that the cushioning is good!
7. Your arms need some rest: Of course you can’t play games with your weary arms! After all, it’s all the work of your hand when you play games right? Go for an adjustable armrest to help you position your arm in a comfortable way. It should neither be too high or too low or else it could severely harm your posture.
8. Storage: Do you want to hide away some of the gaming accessories and want to make your gaming area clean? Well, some gaming chairs come with pockets where you can keep all the essentials and make a good usage of the storage.
9. Budget: Last but not the least, know your budget. If you are looking for more features then you need to shed more dollars on the gaming chair. However, if you want a chair for a trial basis, then you can always go for any chair that ranges between $60-$80 gaming chairs.